The selection process to become an IBA Scholar is described below.
- Rising juniors and seniors who wish to pursue research science and are committed to doctoral education can submit an application and letter of recommendation to become an IBA Scholar.
- The student is then interviewed by the IBA Scholar selection committee. This committee may include IBA Co-Directors, staff, and a faculty member from the student’s area of research.
- Students identified by the selection committee to show promise for a future in research science are selected to become IBA Scholars.
- Selected students register for IBA:3992:IND - IBA Research in Biomedical Science (0 s.h.) to note research done on transcripts and give mentor credit.
- Selected students register for IBA:1041 - IBA Student Development Seminar (1 s.h.). Seminar section is dependent on student's entry point into the program and should be determined with program staff.
IBA:1041:0002 - Professionalism in the Scientific Community held Thursdays from 2:00-2:50pm
IBA:1041:0003 - IBA Scholar Seminar held Wednesdays from 1:30-2:20pm
IBA:1041:0005 - IBA Scholar Seminar held Mondays from 10:30-11:20am
IBA:1041:0004 - Teach Your Research held Wednesdays from 10:30-11:20am
- Each student must sign the IBA Scholar Contract, which specifies that if at any time the student realizes he/she does not wish to pursue a Ph.D., he/she must withdraw from the IBA program.