Qualifications to Apply
Qualified applicants must:
- eligible students should identify as a member of an underrepresented group in STEM, including African-American, Alaskan Native, American Indian, Hispanic American, Native Hawaiian, Native Pacific Islander, economically disadvantaged, student with a disability, or first generation college student.
- be committed to increasing diversity in the sciences
- be committed to or seriously considering a Ph.D. in the Biosciences.
- hold at least a 3.0 GPA
- be an incoming first-year student, transfer student, or current UI student with a qualifying major.*
- submit a free application complete with a short essay and a letter of recommendation from a science or math instructor or a research advisor.**
* Students can apply at any time during their academic career at the University of Iowa. However, due to the program's structure, students should expect to be in the program for a minimum of 1 year.
** Applications are accepted year-round. However, deadlines to enter the program by a particular semester are as follows:
- August 1 for Fall
- October 1 for Spring
- April 1 for Summer