Qualifications for Science Alliance Internship
- student must be rising freshman or sophomore with a qualifying major to apply
- eligible students must identify as a member of an underrepresented group in STEM, including African-American, Alaskan Native, American Indian, Hispanic American, Native Hawaiian, Native Pacific Islander, economically disadvantaged, student with a disability, rural (25 miles from urban area with a population greater than 50,000), or first generation college student
- be committed to increasing diversity in the sciences
- be committed to or seriously considering a Ph.D. in the Biosciences
- hold at least a 3.0 GPA
- submit a free application with a short essay and a letter of recommendation from a science/math teacher or research mentor*
* Applications are accepted year-round.